Monday, January 30, 2012

Schedule

I was much more precise with my other babies.  We had nap times and snack times and play times and work times pretty much figured out.  Not this time.  In the past two months we've finally worked out a routine that works for us...pretty much.

The routine includes nagging at the back of my mind every Monday -Wednesday about whether I have babysitters lined up for the children not involved in the various lessons we go to.  It also includes daily (or nearly so) walks/bike rides. Weekly-ish grocery shopping with only half the kids along. Quiet time that partially lines up with nap time and reading time which means if I'm lucky 15-20 minutes of by myself time. There is time to shower but not generally time to bother with my hair or make-up. It includes laundry time, but usually not enough to get everything folded as soon as I'd like, and time when I wonder about what I'm going to make for dinner. Finally it includes time at the end of each day when I sit and think about all the things I'd like to do that don't quite fit into the routine we've finally mustered.

I have got to find a way to make things.  A way that does not include the sacrifice of sleep.  Without the outlet of creation I'm getting washed down like an old bar of soap.

No comments: