Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The weekend

We had an unprecedented number of visitors this weekend. 4 sisters, 1 brother, 2 mothers, 1 father, 1 aunt, 1 cousin 1 brother-in-law, 4 nephews. Not everyone stayed at our house, but it was still very full.

Do you know what happens when you take that many aunties (and uncle) away from their own children and only supply 2 nieces and 2 nephews as substitution? The results are really quite extensive but maybe the most notable as far as the mother of the substitutes is concerned was that none of the four really got much chance to whine for three whole days.

Of course other things happened too. Things besides a lack of whining among my off spring. I don't have any pictures of those things. My sisters have pictures. Hopefully they'll send them to me so I can include them in upcoming posts.

The best thing to make it onto my camera during the weekend was this.

Isn't it great that I talked all about the lack of whining and then post a picture of a sad baby to go along with it?

Yeah, I thought so too.

Since all the company left the whining has picked right back up. Intermittently for the past two days Enzo has been telling me how "azausted" he is. I believe him. I was azausted too. In so much that I took 2 naps yesterday.

Currently Duke is azausted and proving the point most emphatically by crying rather than sleeping. And so, I am off to see what can be done on that front.

No comments: