Sunday, October 17, 2010

Drat me and my resolutions!

A few months ago I gave up using canned cream soups as ingredients. I've always been a "from scratch " kind of girl anyway so it didn't seem like that big a deal...until today.
Today I want nothing more than creamed soup casserole of some kind. What I'm really after is "Carol Burger" an old standby of my moms. During years when I consumed no other red meat I would still take my fare share of Carol burger. I don't have any ground beef though so that's out of the running even before we consider the cream soup (that one takes cream of mushroom)
I've just gone through the cans in my pantry 3 times willing a "cream of something" can to appear but so far, nothing.
Must I give in and make a chicken cream sauce from scratch to fill my need? I fear I must.


2 minutes later, I've found a recipe! I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Some friends of mine swear by SOS mix, from which you can make cream of whatever soups and a bunch of other stuff= or so they tell me, I've never tried it.

http://extension.usu.edu/juab/files/uploads/sos%20booklet.pdf

Anonymous said...

I started making my own cream of ...soups because of the amount of salt in the darn things. Oh my, it is so much better. B.