Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's day

Zizza is away tonight, sleeping over at her cousins' house. She very carefully packed her suitcase this morning with green clothes for tomorrow. She didn't want to leave any room for pinching.
She asked me half an hour before it was time to go if I'd be so kind as to make her a green nightie so she'd be safe even before she got dressed. It seams a cousin warned her that he'd be looking to pinch at first light.
A nightie I could not do, not in time anyway, so I gave her toenails a quick coat of green polish to ward off any early morning pinchers.
As I painted, she practiced "Haha! Green toenails!" she'd exclaim and then she'd say aloud as she flexed her fingers "pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch," She repeated this again and again.
Those boys had best watch out.

2 comments:

J.B. said...

She's a smart girl, that Zizza.

Stacey said...

Oh she's so cute! I did not wear green, but my little one said she wouldn't pinch me because she didn't want to get in trouble. She's still afraid of me whereas my oldest pinched me REALLY HARD! Happy St. Patty's Day!