Saturday, January 2, 2010

From the deep blue sea

Sunday the twentieth of December found me in a bit of a fix.
We were thinking of maybe embarking on our holiday travels the following day, and though I had some waffle weave knit waiting to be made into a softie of some kind for my little Moo, the knowledge of what kind of softie it should be was eluding me.
The question weighed heavy on my mind as we traveled the neighborhood delivering bottles of home made hot fudge.
I continued to ponder as we gathered around our advent wreath to enjoy the week's installment of the Christmas story.
I tucked my babies into their beds, no closer to a solution.
Then, when all was quiet, I pulled my trusted lappy to it's place upon my knees and submitted a query to Google. "Free down loadable softie pattern" I asked, and Google lead me here.
I hit a bit of a hiccup in that this pattern is intended for wovens and I was working with a knit. I overcame the problem by adhering the knit fabric of my choice to a scrap of woven cotton for stabilization before cutting.
I was well pleased with the result. What say you?

5 comments:

Lauranie said...

I say...VERY CUTE!! It is so sweet, thanks for the link!! Hope you have a wonderful 2010!!

J.B. said...

I say, I would totally play with that. Nicely done!

word verification: metic - n: a person who is very careful in all he or she does (related words: meticulous.

Audrea Ratliff said...

Super cute!!! Love it :) I think it will be loved too lol!

Kateka said...

I am in love with him. How is Mr. Whale being received by Moo?

EdgyK said...

Cute, cute, cute!