Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Did you know...

if your best friend is a mermaid she has to sit in the tub when she comes to visit?
It's true.





Zizza's friend has what we call a healthy appreciation for Ariel. I offered to make her Halloween costume on the premise that it would make a fantastic tutorial.
A mermaid costume can be an intimidating project. I was determined to make it more approachable. I pared down my ideas of grandeur, the shell bra is not padded, the tail doesn't have a single quilted scale. Still, I think it's a pretty cool costume. Best of all, I did it all excepting the waist ruffle within a single afternoon nap.
Now, you might be thinking "That's all great Ev, but where's the tut?" I set out to write it but in my haste to prove that the project truly did fit in the "quick and easy" category, I failed to document all of the steps. I uploaded something like 40 photos but I was still missing shots for so many key elements, I couldn't make the tutorial come together.
Sorry.
If you ever need email advice on how to make a mermaid costume though, I'm your girl!

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Wow, that is a fantastic costume! Zizza's friend looks at home as Ariel doesn't she? She exudes princess vibes. I can almost envision her mom being a majestic beauty.

Lauranie said...

You might be getting an email from me girl!! It came out GREAT!! BTW, I have TONS of pictures for my great felt crown tutorial...now I just have to write out the tutorial!! I know that feeling...but hey, at least you have some tutes on your blog...I am sadly tute free!! :(

Kateka said...

Wow. That is so perfect and Ariel-esk.