Monday, November 5, 2007

Buried Talents

I used to make divine oatmeal.
It was creamy delicious.
I don't know how I did it, just that I can't do it any more.
When Baby Girl was was tiny-cakes and too hungry to wait for oatmeal to cook after she got up I started putting the oats and water together in the pot and leaving it on low while I got her up and changed. Thus my oatmeal talent was buried.
I realised at the time that the oatmeal I made that way wasn't as good, but it was better than fielding a hungry baby while I cooked it the good way, so I continued. When she got a bit older I went back to my old method, but something was missing. The creamy texture had gone. I don't know what I do differently, but my oatmeal is not what it was.
If I'd known this is what would happen I never would have compromised my standards.

1 comment:

.::still blinking::. said...

me too. Last year it was good, but it is no longer so creamy.